DO CONFLICT BETTER
Would you like to be more Conflict Competent?
Conflict Competence is the ability and attitude to use the knowledge and skills you already have, even in stressful conflict situations. The conflict exists. You feel the stress. But, with conflict competence, you still think clearly, handle stress better, and manage the conflict.
Conflict Competence means Doing Conflict Better
Since everyone experiences conflict sometime, preparation for conflict reduces the toxic effects because you handle the situation. Conflict competence is a life skill I use in the service of my clients and volunteer organizations, and when life tests me.
Through competently handled conflicts we learn, grow and develop, which are often unexpected but positive outcomes of the conflict experience.
In this category are blog articles for your conflict competencies
There’s more in Books/Resources links in the main menu. Click to read my answers to questions asked to The Conflict Doctor. Click to use the contact page to ask your specific questions.
- Updating a useful metaphor (12/4/2017)
- DO CONFLICT BETTER (6/26/2017)
- Rob Ford’s simple rules of leadership (3/24/2016)
- Does regret deserve another chance? (12/11/2015)
- Is peace a reward for patience? (12/24/2014)
- Trust the tail, the truth is there (7/24/2014)
- I got news that trumped Fear with Optimism (6/1/2014)
- Toronto Mayor Rob Ford’s Valentine’s Day simple rules for love and loyalty (2/16/2014)
- Resilience helps after a quadruple mastectomy (yup – 4 of ’em) (9/30/2013)
- The Secret for Recovery from Post Change Syndrome (8/22/2013)
- Conflict Analysis of Dialogue (6/9/2013)
- Metaphors for conflict competence (9/24/2011)
- The power of apology in conflict (9/10/2011)
- Short term success or long term conflict management? (7/15/2011)
- High salaries don’t guarantee conflict competence (1/28/2011)
- Hollywood can teach about conflict management (11/17/2010)
- Conflict management myths (3/22/2010)
- What does it mean to be conflict ‘competent’ (2/21/2010)
- Conflict management lessons from President Obama (1/6/2010)
- Lesson on Conflict from the Galapagos Islands (6/30/2009)
- conflicts when the goals are the same (4/29/2009)
- Adversity made easier with Conflict Competence (2/27/2008)